- The total population of Peru is approximately 29,549,000+.
- 82% of the population is Amerindian or Meztizo.
- There are 104 different people groups in Peru.
- More than 104 different languages are spoken in Peru, with the top three being Quechua, Spanish, and Aymara.
- In the Quechua language, there are 45 different dialects spoken in Peru. Some Quechua-speaking communities cannot understand other Quechua-speaking communities because the dialects are so completely different.
- Peru has three very distinct geographical areas: The desert, the mountains, and the jungle.
- The Amazon River and Jungle actually begin in Peru.
- Peru has ancient civilizations that date back more than 4000 years.